1) Zydus enters marketing and supply agreement with Amarillo Biosciences for maxisal. Maxisal is dietary supplement supplied as lozenge contains anhydrous crystalline maltose for the treatment of dry mouth. Zydus will market Maxisal in india and Nepal. Maxisal will improve the dry mouth condition associated with various medication including onco drugs. Maxisal is protected by WO2001074396 (assigned to Amarillo).
2) Dabur Acquires Namaste Group (US-based hair care companies) For $100 Million
3) Hospira has launched generic gemcitabine injection. Note: gemcitabine’s MOT patent 5464826 held invalid on Obviousness type double patenting and panel rehearing request also denied by CAFC.
4) Eli Lilly pemetrexed product patent (5344932) held valid (press release). Teva argued ‘932 patent is invalid due to obviousness type double patenting over certain patents.
5) Aripirazole product patent (5006528) held valid. Sandoz has argued that ‘528 patent is invalid due to obviousness and inequitable contact (supressing information)
6) Bafna Pharmaceuticals, a Chennai-based pharma company, received approval from UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to manufacture Amlodipine 5mg and Amlodipine 10mg.
7) AstraZeneca Defeats Teva’s Claim That Crestor Infringes Teva’s Patent (orange book)
8) Ranbaxy sues AstraZeneca over Nexium patents. Ranbaxy Laboratories sued AstraZeneca Plc in the UK over claims that its European patents for the best-selling ulcer treatment Nexium are invalid, two years after settling a related US case.
9) Boehringer Ingelheim & Fresenius Kabi collaborate for HESylated pharmaceutical production (pharma biz)
10) Post grant amendment under Indian patent act (Spicy IP).
” There are three main prongs of the requirements for amending: (i) the amendment can only add an actual fact; (ii) the applicant is not allowed to introduce new matter into the specification; and (iii) Amendments must be of the nature of a disclaimer, correction or an explanation”
Section 57; form 13
11) Apricus Biosciences Receives Canadian Approval for Vitaros® as First Line Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction. Vitaros is Alprostadil (Prostaglandin E1).
12) Paragraph IV:
Hospira et. al. v. Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories
Product: Dexmedetomidine Hcl inj; Patents: 6,716,867; View on PriorSmart