1) Jazz Pharmaceuticals Announces New Patent Issued for Sodium Oxybate (Press Release). The New patent 7851506 is expires on Dec 22, 2019 and listed in Orange Book. Note: Recently Jazz pharma has sued Roxane for ANDA filing.
2) Cephalon Wants FTC To Disclose Secret Drug-Industry Patent Deals (link)
4) Autralia to revise divisional application filing practice (Managing IP)
5) Meda Strengthens Allergy Product Portfolio in Europe with EpiPen® Auto-Injector (Business Wire)
6) Strides to buy out Australia’s Ascent Pharma (ET)
7) Jordan’s Hikma in talks to buy 30% in Unimark Remedies (ET)
8)Patent Complaint: Salk Institute for Biological Studies v. Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc (View on RFC)
9) Brazil: Patent Term extension of Clopidogrel patent is denied. (IP tango). Clopidogrel product patent (PP1100113 B1-5K) is filed as pipeline patent in brazil. Pipeline patent normally expires 20 years from the date of first foriegn filing and patent term of the pipeline patents may be extended based on whether or not patent term extension is granted in home country. In Clopidogrel case, Patent term extension is denied in brazil.
10) AstraZeneca and Abbott End License Agreement for the Development of CERTRIAD (Pharma Live)
11) Novartis Plans $500 Million Investment in Russia (Pharmtech)
12) Gedeon Richter Ltd. Forms China JV with Marketing Partner Rxmidas Pharmaceuticals (Biospace)
13) Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc. Earns $1 Million Upfront Payment from Pfizer Inc. on Sublicensing of Tanaproget (Biospace)
13) FDA approves Novartis’ Amturnide (aliskiren, amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide)anti-hypertensive
14) Watson Announces Novel Oral Contraceptive Approval (Yahoo Finance)
15) Pre-grant and Post-grant Opposition by same parties – strategy and impact (indianpatentopposition)
16) Surya Pharma arm buys US-based ActivOn for USD 22 mn (ET)