1) Astellas Enters into License Agreement with TOLMAR -Expansion of Territory for Eligard in Asia, Middle East, Africa and CIS (press release); Astellas has in-licensed rights of Eligard (Leuprolide acetate)
2) Aspen completes buyout of Sigma pharma business for $900 million (thepharmaletter) (Pharmaceutical News) “… Sigma’s pharmaceutical business consists of an extensive product portfolio of branded, generic and OTC products which include many well-known and trusted Australian brands as well as five manufacturing facilities…”
3) Orexo licenses Abstral to Invida for in Asia Pacific (thepharmaletter); Abstral is immediate release transmucosal tablet, used for treating cancer pain and rights are Abstral is given to Invida. This agreement extends to Australia, India, Philippines, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and New Zealand. Orexo has filed some patent applications.
4) GSK Signs License to Market Bilastine in Spain and Poland (Pharmalive). Bilastine is new Antihistaminic which owned by Faes Farma. Bilastine seems to be protected in India by product 233119 (1071/DEL/2000) as well as two process related patents IN186319 & IN217140.
5) Glenmark: Disappointed With US Jury Decision On Tarka Patent Case (WSJ)
6) Lincoln Pharma wins patent for Nasal Drug Delivery System (pharmabiz) (209056 1421/MUM/2004 ????)