1) Biocon says revenue from Pfizer deal to begin in fiscal 2012 (Bloomberg); Pfizer and Biocon recently entered into agreement. Under this agreement, Pfizer will have exclusive rights to commercialise Biocon’s drugs recombinant human insulin, Glargine, Aspart and Lispro globally with certain exceptions, such as Germany, India and Malaysia, where Biocon will have co-exclusive rights (ET) (Pfizer press release)
2) Meda debuts leukemia drug Ceplene in the UK (The Pharma letter); Ceplene (histamine dihydrochloride) that prevents relapse long term – and maintains remission of people with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) – has been launched in the UK by Meda Pharmaceuticals, which has licensed the product from the USA’s EpiCept.
3) Strides Arcolab Limited’s wholly owned subsidiary, Agila Specialties, has signed an agreement with BioChimico of Brazil to set up a joint venture company for the Brazilian hospital market (India PRwire)
4) Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. has agreed to end its declaratory judgment suit against Ethypharm SA over the schizophrenia drug FazaClo (law360)
5) US Litigations
1) Prometheus Laboratories vs Roxane Laboratories (product: Alosetron HCl) patents in suit: 6,284,770 (Exp. Oct 5, 2018) filed at District of New Jersey on Jan 14, 2011.
2) Takeda Pharmaceutical vs Cadila Healthcare (Product: Pioglitazone Hcl) patents in suit: 5,965,584 (Jun 19, 2016) & 6,329,404 (Jun 19, 2016) filed at Southern District of New York on Jan 14th, 2011.
3) Pamlab LLC v. Acella Pharmaceuticals (????) View on RFC