1) Teva in court over Astra’s Seroquel EU patent (CNBC)
2) MEDA Positive Opinion for Retigabine in Europe (Biospace)
3) Natco may seek compulsory licence for Bayer’s cancer drug (ET Report); Sorafenib is protected by IN215758 (IN/PCT/2001/00799/MUM) which is equivalent of WO 2000/042012 (expiry: Jan 2020). The ‘758 patent is issued on March 2008, the three year period expires on March 2011.
4) Jupiter Biosciences in talks to buy Swiss pharma co for $10 m (ET)
5) Novartis International AG (CH) – Novartis gains approval for Gilenya® (Fingolimod) as a first-line disease modifying oral therapy for multiple sclerosis in Switzerland and Australia (press release)
6) Anti-Cancer Agent AMG 386 Enters into Phase III Clinical Trials in Japan (Press Release)
8) Expert panel to recommend regulatory guidelines for biosimilars soon (Pharmabiz)